Le CN exploite en tout temps le pouvoir de l'information afin de prendre des décisions plus éclairées. Notre entreprise dépend de la technologie pour presque tous les aspects de ses activités, et c'est la raison pour laquelle le CN investit annuellement près de 100 M$ dans les projets et l'infrastructure de la TI.
Business owner of Operational Systems that are used to make effective decisions that improve the efficiency, reliability and safety of CN's Network and assets.
Provide leadership, direction and knowledge to the Traffic Management team, to deliver Operational and System tools that are used to visualize critical information and data.
- Responsible for developing concepts and negotiating to obtain consensus from Senior Leadership of Operations, Safety, Marketing, Engineering and Network Groups to resolves complex problems to enable and improve the movement of Trains and Rail Cars across CN Network.
- Meet with business leaders to develop and document Operational System requirements that support the Business Community vision.
- Lead and develop the TMS Team members responsible for Operational System.
- Manage the Development & Enhancements that provide Business value for: Right Time Business Intelligence (RTBI), Train Operation Planning & Control (TOPC) Smart Yard (SY) & Operation Management System Logs (OMS Logs)
- Provide IT with business expertise to support the Operational System development
- Provide strategic technical recommendations in support of initiative, acting as the key IT liaison to business functions
- Communicate documented Operational System, vision and development progress back to Sr. Management.
- Direct User Acceptance Testing of Non-Mainframe Applications, to ensure the Production Version delivers high value information to the business functions and meets minimum performance levels.
- Direct the development of Non-Mainframe training Material.
- Provide support to resolve issues users are experiencing.
- Work on other development or improvement issues that are best served through IT contact in Montreal
- Minimum 5 years Operation system development
- Minimum 5 years Operational experience or association
- Good influencing skills
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good collaboration and team building skills
- Knowledge of system development
- Understanding of rail industry business
- Background in transportation systems
- Strong investigation, analytical and documentation skills
Relevant experience / education
- Valid drivers license
- Valid passport
- Ability to travel on company business across system
- Rail Roader Certification Program qualifications or willingness to qualify
- Advance knowledge of Train Reporting (SRS, AEI, RTC, Witronix)
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Flexibility with schedule to complete changes/updates on time and meet deadlines
- Off hours and weekends may be required depending on level of support required or when critical situations emerge
- Work closely with the IT development team and Business functions.
- Deliver these projects on time, understanding development deadlines must be met.
- Provide off hour support of Non-Mainframe applications.
- Travel may be required for development, training and implementation
This offer is accessible to all.
Web site : http://www.cn.ca/en/careers